Title: Quality Control Supervisor
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Work Hours: M-F, 8-6 (must be flexible)
National Presort, L.P. “NPI” is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Supervisor to ensure that our products and services meet all necessary requirements before they reach our customers.
The QA Supervisor will inspect the final product to make sure it has been built with compliance to legal standards and meets customer expectations. A great supervisor will be thorough and observant with an eye for detail.
Seeking an individual to take the initiative by quickly learning all aspects of quality requirements for NPI products with a sense of responsibility towards our potential and existing customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct supervision of inspectors, interaction with technicians and other staff
• Lead by example providing employees’ with guidance and feedback
• Oversee all product development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards
• Inspect final output and compare properties to requirements
• Approve the right products or reject defectives
• Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis
• Seek opportunities for development of improved procedures
• Understanding customer needs and requirements to improve quality control processes
• Establishing requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitoring their compliance
• An Associate’s degree in engineering or quality is preferred; or a minimum 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control Supervision is required.
• A Quality supervisor must have proven ability to successfully lead a diverse team of inspectors, providing hands-on guidance and interaction
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels are essential.
• A keen eye for detail and a results driven approach
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Proficient in MS Office
• Excellent math abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
• Reports to the General Manager and works with procurement, production and any other department that has an effect on the quality of the organizations products.
Title: Site/Regional Technician
Location: Fort Worth, TX (servicing Grand Prairie area)
Work Hours: Multiple (Primarily On-Call Night Shift)
National Presort, L.P. “NPI” is looking for a highly motivated individuals capable of maintaining letter sorting equipment to achieve optimal uptime and in the event of a problem capable of troubleshooting Hardware and Software issues. Our goal is to provide the fastest resolution possible to get the equipment back in safe operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Quickly and efficiently resolve customer issues to maintain maximum uptime.
• Maintain customer equipment by scheduling and performing regular preventive maintenance inspections on equipment
• Work with support personnel to install new equipment and perform equipment upgrades
• Keep management informed of issues and problems by documenting them in the Service Database on a regular basis.
• Properly control company assets by managing parts inventory and on-site tools.
• Maintain an exceptional level of customer satisfaction by communicating in a cooperative and supportive manner.
• Promptly review service updates/bulletins and take recommended action on same, installation/retrofit instructions, system machine schematics, etc.
• Continue to enhance value to company by staying technically current, i.e. attending continuing education courses in such areas as: networking and software, etc.
• Respond to emergency and non-scheduled calls for service 24/7 within established response time goals
• Provide technical support and training to less experienced Site Technicians
• Look for new ways to improve the timeliness and quality of the level of service provided.
• Be knowledgeable in customer processes and procedures, including Sortplans, IMB requirements etc.
• Be knowledgeable in Postal regulations and paperwork. Have a full understanding of the methods used for generating paperwork and dispatching product.
• Flexible to work any shift including nights, weekends and Holidays
• Primary function will be on call covering various shifts M-S with 3 hour response time for a site in the Grand Prairie Area.
• Reliable transportation
• Strong electronics/electrical background
• Solid mechanical knowledge
• Complete all company required documentation is a timely manner
• Ability to apply software skills and knowledge to our equipment
• Ability to use hand and power tools and measuring equipment i.e. oscilloscopes, DMM, etc. Ability to read technical drawing and documentation
• Full range of motion and unrestricted mobility.
• Ability to lift 50-75lbs.
• Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Good time management skills and strong customer relations skills
• Clear and concise verbal and written communications
• Ability to carry out detailed written and verbal instructions independently
• Ability to persuade/influence others in sensitive/confrontational situations
• Basic computer skills: DOS, Windows, UNIX Microsoft Office